This one was fun, and came together pretty quickly. This time, I didnt get bogged down in modeling- everything is either imported, or super simply constructed. I also made sure to copy a live action film, to make sure it was possible to light the character and set at the same time. I included a screenshot of the scene setup, cause I never see people do that
I've been trying to get a handle on linear lighting, and physically plausible materials. It's taken a surprising amount of work to get this far! That said, Im really psyched to turn out some actually nice-looking pics soon (with actual texture maps), using these techniques.