Sunday, March 13, 2016

Cave Props


Lately, I've been inspired to try and come up with  some modular cave assets. I did some research into basic stalactite/stalagmite shapes; where they happen and how they can compound onto each other. I was also interested in the interplay between dry rocky textures and wet drippy textures, but I'll have to look into more of that later. My goal for this was to create as few props as possible to replicate this complex growth in old limestone caves. I'm hoping to create a few more pieces ( with nicer details) in the weeks to come.
On another note, this is the first time I've exported zbrush obj's and baked the details to a  lower res mesh! Lucky for me, stalactites are pretty goopy already, so it was the perfect sculpting project for my skill level. The grey assets on the right hand side are basic maya geo ( my proof of concept phase)

No comments:

Post a Comment